Hello again to anyone who reads my blog!
I have been out a while due to the fact that my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer last month and I can only say since then I have been learning a lot of lessons about supporting one of the most amazing women I have ever known.
To be fair for a bad diagnosis, it’s a really good one! those of you out there who understand this disease will know what I mean. I have had a few friends go through this over the past year or two and I think now, I kind of know a bad diagnosis from a good diagnosis.
Anyway I thought I would do a small list of what I have learned in the past whirlwind month of being number 2 support person in my mums life (and over my lifetime):
- You only have one mum. Love her, all of her, even if she’s a little annoying sometimes because you never know when she won’t be there anymore.
- Life throws curve balls. You’ll never be ready for them.
- Some things in life really just don’t matter. Stop worrying about them.
- Find the beauty in simplicity.
- Your capacity for love and to love is far greater then you even think possible.
- Lessons are always coming, they are never going to stop.
- Enjoy the ride, even in the darker moments. Thats where you will find your toughest lessons.
- Some friends can’t help, they don’t know what to do, how to listen, empathise or sympathise. They have their own things happening, respect that. Also sometimes these might be just the friends you need.
That is all I can think of for now, I’m sure I will learn more along this journey, and maybe the stress will help the weight-loss?! HAHA! probably not, but dreams are free.
Don’t forget to do what makes you happy, life is short! for me this is travel. I will be doing loads as we move forward in this life.